Welder and Fabricator - Mechanical Assembly. Part time. City of Orange.
This Part Time (possible full time) Job Starts at $13 up to $16 based on experience - Get your great experience HERE!
Driven and talented Welder Fabricator that wants to build machines that are made in the US is needed to work under a director with a great VISION. Come and build products that will actually be made here and sold all over the world!
Growing CNC Router Manufacturing Company in Southern California (Near the Honda Center) looking for self motivated talented candidate who may lack work experience but can outperform others given some time and with the right company and leadership.
Welder Responsibilities Include:
• Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
• Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Setting up components for welding according to specifications
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
• Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
• Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
• Proven experience as welder
• Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
• Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
• Deftness and attention to detail
• Proficient in English
• Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program/class
• Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus